Valentine's Day Dog Treats
Celebrate the holiday of love with your furry friend! With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it is time to show your favorite pooch some love. What better way than to make your animal a gourmet pet treat? Even better, all of the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. Listed below is an easy treat recipe for you to bake at home.
Cinnamon Honey Hearts Biscuit
1 cup wheat flour (divided in half)
¼ cup rice flour
½ cup oat flour
¼ cup water
¼ cup pureed banana
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- Combine cinnamon and all the flours in one bowl, except for ½ cup of wheat flour. This will be bowl 1.
- In bowl 2, mix water, pureed banana, yogurt, honey and canola oil. You will want to blend this using an electric mixer.
- Mix in the dry ingredients (bowl 1) into the wet ingredients (bowl 2) and blend well.
- Stir in enough of the remaining ½ cup of wheat flour until a thick dough forms.
- Place onto floured surface and roll to desired thickness.
- Cut into heart shapes for Valentine’s Day!
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Do you have any good homemade dog treat recipes? Share them with us in the comment section!