New Year’s Resolutions for Pets
New Year, New Resolutions. This New Year’s, include your pets in your resolutions!
Sticking to a diet, exercising daily and getting a makeover may be some of your personal resolutions for the New Year. But they can also be resolutions for your furry family member. Some great New Year’s resolutions for pet care include:
- Fight the bulge: Make sure your animal is eating the correct portion of food per day. Switch to a healthier food if necessary, and cut back on those special treats.
- Move it: exercise daily, whether that means walking with your dog, playing with your cat or riding your horse. Daily exercise helps you and your animal stay in shape while giving yourself another opportunity to bond with your animal.
- Treat your animal to a makeover: give your pet a regular grooming regimen, even if it is just brushing them a couple times a week. Other good ideas include checking your pet’s teeth and gums to make sure those stay clean. Also, keep up with annual doctor’s appointments to keep your furry friend healthy and happy.
- Review and update your pet’s health plan.
- Re-organize your home to ensure that nothing can harm your furry family member
- Update identification tags.
Ring in the new year with great resolutions for you and your pet to complete together. For more ideas, check out the ASPCA website and their blog on New Year’s resolutions.
Let us know in the comment section what your resolutions for 2012 are! You might inspire others.