How can we combat those nasty parasites? Begin with a healthy immune system. It’s true – fleas are more attracted to animals with a weak immune system or illness. Provide the best nutrition, preferably organic, and keep your pet’s environment natural, and free of chemicals. Most important, do not use a chemical laden flea collar – since they contain poisons that successfully kill fleas but introduce lethal poisons into your pet’s blood stream. Nature sends the pests, but she also sends the solutions!HELPFUL IDEAS:
- Make your own, safe flea collar. On a regular collar or a decorative bandanna, add a few drops of essential oils of bergamot, cedarwood and lemon grass. Re-apply the oils every 7 to 10 days during flea season.
- Tombstone Organic Flea Spray from Great Life Performance Pet Products
- Use a combination of Aloe Vera juice and natural borates mixed in a spray bottle. Spray the carpets and around doors and entryways.
- A few sprigs of mint in the dog bed.
- Use nematodes (worms – roundworms, threadworms, and eelworms) in your yard – these are available at garden supply stores. They need to be kept moist but will continue to kill flea eggs and larvae for 3 month or longer.
If you have a question, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Question: Can you advise on how to make a natural flea spray?
Answer: These are two flea repellent formulas, which are very effective and can be made at home.
- 1/4 cup Aloe Vera juice
- 6 pieces of assorted citrus fruit
- 1/2 gallon spring water.
Cut up the fruit in thin slices. Add fruit slices to ½ gallon spring water. Bring to a boil and let simmer. When cool, strain liquid and throw away the fruit slices. Add ¼ cup Aloe Vera juice to the liquid and mix together. Fill spray bottle, shake and spray over animal’s entire body from tail to head (brush coat in opposite direction, spray until coat is damp).
- 16 oz. spray bottle
- 8 oz. spring water
- 1 oz. Aloe Vera juice
- 6 drops essential oil of Lavender
- 4 drops essential oil of Cedarwood
- 2 tablespoons powdered Limestone or natural Borates
Fill spray bottle with above ingredients. Once the bottle is full, fill the remainder with spring water and shake well. Brush coat in opposite direction and spray till animal has a fine mist on coat.
Pet Assure Customers receive a 20% discount on products at Great Life 4 Pets web site enter PA-01 into coupon code.
Limited Ingredient Foods – good idea or new marketing angle? Send me an email for answer.
This post was written by Elliot Harvey MH of www.doctorsfinest.com. Author of “The Healthy Wholistic Dog,” Elliot has years of experience in animal health and wellness. Pet Assure is not affiliated with and does not endorse Great Life Performance Pet Products. Pet Assure is presenting this guest post for the benefit of its readers and retains no financial interest in any future transactions.