Famous Animals Quiz
Test your knowledge of these famous pets from books, TV and movies!
Some pets are just too interesting to let pass into obscurity. So we’ve decided to lift them up here to keep their memories alive. As famous as they might be to you, I bet younger folks won’t know much about them. And don’t worry kids, there are quite a few here that you’ll get first!
Test your knowledge, and write to us with other famous pets you love.
- Famous feline of 9 Lives cat food.
- A famous pooch from the era of black-and-white TV.
- A lovable long-haired, mixed breed shelter dog who started acting in heartwarming movies in the 70s.
- White-footed cat that spent the early 1990s living at the White House
- Roy Rogers was an actor before he was a fast-food chain. What was the name of Roy’s horse?
- While we’re on horses, do you remember the Lone Ranger’s horse? As a hint, the rider’s famous call used his horse’s name: “Hi, ho, ______, away!”
- One last horse question: who was the famous talking horse, also of TV?
- OK, time for the younger folks in the family to step up: Who’s the talking, swaggering animated cat in Shrek 2?
- A famous Disney dog from the 2008 animated movie—his name is also the name of the movie.
- Last question: the half-Kneazle Kitty and Hermione’s pet in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
We hope you had fun with the Fame Game quiz. Answers are below. Send us some trivia questions about your favorite famous pets in the comments!
- Morris the Cat
- Rin-Tin-Tin or Lassie
- Mr. Ed.
- Puss In Boots