Looking for something a little more unique than a Labrador? Check out these cool exotic pet options!
Have you been looking for the right pet for you? Are you having difficulty finding something unique to fit your personality and lifestyle? Look no further! Listed below are some critters that may be what you are looking for—from cute to curious, and both high maintenance and low maintenance.
- Chipmunks: These animals are especially cute. They require lots of human contact, in particular when they are young. They also need plenty of room to run and play, and they have an interesting diet, which you might enjoy, too! Chipmunks typically eat seeds, fruits and various vegetables.
- Potbelly Pig: Who says all pigs have to be dirty and stinky? These animals are actually odor-free and non-allergenic—meaning no fur or dander to make people sneeze. They are very easy to train and very playful. However, they are known to be very curious, which can get them into trouble. This is not a good pet for those who have a lot of breakable items in their home.
- Chinchillas: These creatures are very little with an incredibly soft coat of fur. They make great pets because they are low maintenance, quiet and odorless. They enjoy warmer temperatures, and like to eat pellets and grass hay.
- Iguana: This reptile is the most common lizard to keep as a pet. However, they do require a lot of attention and care. Since they are cold-blooded creatures, they have very strict needs in regards to temperature, humidity levels and the light used in their habitat.
- Hedgehog: These cute little critters are fairly low maintenance. If you choose to adopt this animal, you will want to find one that is young and well tempered. Hedgehogs can be nervous creatures, and will roll into a ball when they feel threatened. However, a hedgehog that is calmer will lower its quills for some bonding time.
For additional questions, you may want to consult your veterinarian or the local pet store.
Do you have an exotic pet? What type? Tell us in the comments!