Special thanks to Lori Norvitch for sharing this delightful picture with our subscribers! To submit a photo for our next issue’s contest, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your and your pet’s name.
Category: May 2013 Newsletter A
Here are the top five items that have been eaten by dogs. Does homework make this Top Five list? Find out!
I have a 3 year old cockapoo that is in excellent health. Sometimes I like to snack on Honey Nut Cheerios dry. Is is okay to give a few to my dog? Are cheerios harmful to dogs? Attilio Fuanari
Everyone loves lilies, those glorious, fragrant flowers that immediately brighten up a room. Even our curious felines may feel the urge to nibble at these beauties. However, lily toxicity in cats is a well recognized illness. Most species of lilies and all parts of the plant and flowers cause a profound toxicity when ingested by cats. Cats become exposed by nibbling at flowers or leaves in the house or garden, licking the pollen off their fur or even by drinking the water that the lilies are in.
Teach an old dog a new trick? How about house training an adult dog, again! One of our readers noticed that when their pet got older, it began to start having accidents in the house. It seemed to be connected to a visiting puppy's "accidents" on his home turf–or carpet, anyway. However, such accidents are not unique and can happen to quite a few pets.